Piano Teachers - need a website but are overwhelmed with the options and don't know where to begin? Do you want to learn how to build a website that you yourself will have 100% control over? Do you want your website to stand out, look professional, and be adaptive to mobile devices? Then join me this summer, for a LIVE 6-week course where I will walk you through a step-by-step process of creating your own website. No previous knowledge of website design required!
The class will begin mid-June, 2018. The live class is limited to 10 students so that I can give each student individual attention and help with their own website. We will meet weekly as a class for 60-90 minutes each week, where I will walk you through the weekly assignment. You will then be given homework to complete before the next class. Don't worry - I will explain everything thoroughly and walk you through each step of the homework process. At the end of the 6 weeks, you will have a website up and running for your piano studio!
This course is for you if:
- You are motivated to complete a website for your studio and are willing to put in the time and effort completing your homework (don't worry, I will walk you through every step!)
- You want to build a website that you will have 100% control over.
- You are determined to learn something new and gain a studio website at the end of the course that you can use for fall registration.
- You want your website to be built using WordPress, a powerful platform that will grow with you for years to come.
This course is NOT for you if:
- You are looking for a free course - this will be an investment of your time and money.
- You are not motivated to complete the assignments that will be given out weekly
- You are looking for a quick, easy fix for your studio
1. What if I miss a class? That's OK! All classes will be recorded and be available for viewing at a later date.
2. Hold on - I don't understand ANY website terminology, can I still do this? As long as you have access to an up-to-date computer and internet, then you can absolutely do this.
3. What if I need help during the week with my homework? You will have the option of asking any question you'd like during the weekly meetings (That's why I limit the class to only 10 students!) + we will have a private Facebook group where you can ask me questions between classes.
4. I really want to take this class but I can't make the classes this summer, will it be offered at a later date? I don't plan on offering the class live again this year, but I will be offering a pre-recorded version of the class at a later date. The pre-recorded version will include the same awesome video lessons + homework, but won't include any live help. Also, it will not be released until after the live course is complete. I want the students of the class to get 100% of my attention during those 6 weeks of class.
5. Will my website look like one of yours? I hope not! That's the beauty in the power of WordPress. Your website will be uniquely yours. You get to choose what you want to say, what colors to use, what font to use, how to order pages, etc.
6. Do you design websites professionally? Absolutely not. I'm a piano teacher, just like you. However, the knowledge that I've gained in web design has helped me grow both my home studio and multi-teacher studio. I've saved myself thousands of dollars by being able to design and maintain these websites myself. I don't design websites for others simply because I already have a full-time job that I love - being a piano teacher. However, I have been working with wordpress since 2008 and with website design for 18 years!
7. Why are you offering the class this summer? Because like many of you, my teaching schedule lightens up over the summer. I decided this summer that I wanted to use some of my free time to help other piano teachers build their own website!
8. How detailed will my webpage be when we finish? It will be as detailed as you want it to be! We will go through creating 3 different sections together, but at the end of the course, you will have gained the knowledge of creating as many pages as you want for your webpage.
9. Will I be able to interact with you and ask questions during the classes? Absolutely! The platform I will be using will allow you to ask questions and interact with all of your classmates. We will be in this together. :)
10. Why should I take this class when I can just hire someone to build my website? You are right, you can absolutely hire someone to build your website, and that can be a great option. However, by building your own website, you will have the knowledge and power of being able to change and update your own website at anytime. Plus, some people (raising my hand here) love learning things. In this class, I won't create the website for you - I will teach you how to design it yourself.